Thursday, November 17, 2011

Entry 9 ~ August 1778


The Continental Army is still at Valley Forge, and the Continental Congress is now stating that every state supplies soldiers. My husband had to leave this morning so this morning has been full of sorrow. I hope that Nathaniel will not have to leave for war. Thousands of Africans have been joining the British side lately, and I think its because of the wealthier people not wanting to fight so they send in their African slaves and they get killed. So they would rather fight against those people and I really wouldn't blame the Africans, because I would probably do the same. My son and I have been tending the farm this afternoon because we need money. The French have been helping us more with the weapons, ships, and soldiers. They are great help and this alliance just might help us win the war. I wish the war would end soon I get anxious when I think about my boys out there fighting.

Deverell, William, and Deborah Gray. White. "Chapter 4." United States History: Beginnings to 1877. Orlando, FL: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 2007. Print.

Heaton, Augustus G.
Baron Von Steuben at Valley Forge, 1777

No comments:

Post a Comment