Tuesday, November 15, 2011

All About Me~ Entry 1~May 1775


My name is Abigail Samson, and I have started this blog to tell about the Revolutionary War as it happens and I experience some of the traumatic events linked to and currently happening during the Revolutionary War. I live in New Jersey, I am a patriot, and I'm married to a farmer. We are poor, but have 3 teenage boys named James, William, and Nicholas. James is the oldest at age 18 and he is off at the war, William is the middle child at 16 and is also at war, but Nicholas the youngest at age 14 is still at home with me. I am proud of my boys but I also get scared from time to time, because I don't know if they are okay or not. I would be devastated if I found out one of them was gone. My husband, David, could get called at anytime to go fight. If that happened Nicholas and me would be left with the farm and we would have to tend to it ourselves. The 2nd Continental Congress was supposed to meet soon but something happened before they could. The governor heard about our stockpile and sent some of his men to come find and take them away. We have heard that Britain is preparing for battle, I just hope we can survive this one.

Deverell, William, and Deborah Gray. White. "Chapter 4 Section 1." United States History: Beginnings to 1877
. Orlando, FL: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 2007. Print.

Singleton, John.
Mercy Otis Warren.

No comments:

Post a Comment